BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2001-01 > 0979411082

From: "Ralph C, Nearhoof Jr." <>
Subject: Re: Wampler, David (born 1849)/Eve Wampler
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 13:38:02 -0500
References: <B684C335.554B%barbjay@powersurfr.com><5.0.2.1.0.20010112223134.02561ce0@HiWaay.net> <5.0.2.1.0.20010113113034.02412ec0@HiWaay.net>

Derald,

I will be glad to contact you if I find any information about the Wolf
family and its ties to Wampler, Kinsey, Heck, Heckman, Landis, Miller and
other Brethren families. However, my main project for the next 6 month will
be on the Nearhoof family and perhaps the Woomer line also. After that, I
will have more time for some of my other lines. We will probably be in
contact again.

Ralph

From: "derald" <>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2001 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: Wampler, David (born 1849)/Eve Wampler

> Ralph:
> Thanks for your response. I have both of Fred's books and know Fred
> personally having met with him several times professionally.
> What I was hoping was that in your search you had come upon some
additional
> information about the Wolf line that links into the Wampler line. I am
> also the one who has the original story of Eve Wampler that was printed in
> Barbara Wampler' s newsletter and where she attempted to critique the
> article that I found in a family bible written by an early Wolf family
member.
> If by chance you run into information about the Wolf family and its ties
to
> Wampler, Kinsey, Heck, Heckman, Landis, Miller and other Brethren families
> let me know if you would be so kind.
> Derald Morgan
> At 11:45 PM 1/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
> >My Wampler line married into the Boger line. I don't mean to put you off
> >but it is difficult to give you any information without knowing dates. I
> >would suggest that you contact Fred Wampler. I am not presently
researching
> >the Wampler line since I have all the information that I need and really
> >don't have time. I am trying to finish the Nearhoof book. I responded
to
> >your inquiry just to let you know that probably you will be able to find
> >your answer with Fred Wampler. I hope this helps. Best of luck.
> >Ralph
Avenida
> > > >Castellano, Santa Fee, NM 87501. He has written two books on the
Wample
> > > >family.
> > > >1. Wampfler (Wampler) Family History, the 1500's - 1700's
> > > >2. Wampfler in the United States - (this is not the title but gives
> > > >information on some of the Wampfler in the United States.)
> > > >
> > > >Keep in touch and let me know how you make out on finding the
information
> > > >that you are looking for. I hope this helps.
> > > >
> > > >Distant Cousin,
> > > >Ralph
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >----- Original Message -----
> > > >From: "Barbara Jay" <>
> > > >To: <>
> > > >Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 4:20 PM
> > > >Subject: Wampler, David (born 1849)
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Hello,
> > > > >
> > > > > I am new to the list. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
> > > > > I am trying to find information about my ancestor David Wampler,
> > > > > Mark Wesley Emswiler, grandson, Born Oct. 30, 1906
> > > > > Lula belle Wampler Born August 12, 1882
> > > > > Josephine baby Wampler Born March 12, 1886
> > > > > Marriages:
> > > > > Lillie - Nov. 25, 1898 and also April 14, 1914
> > > > > John Isaac - Aug. 12, 1900
> > > > > Charles Francis - June 4, 1920 (written later than others)
> > > > > Deaths:
> > > > > father (his grandfather). I believe, from my research, that
David's
> > > > > father's name was Isaac Wampler ( 34 yrs old on the 1860 Indiana
> >census -
> > > > > Hamilton county). David's mother's name, on the same census- same
> > > >dwelling,
> > > > > is Elizabeth Wampler ( 23 yrs old).
> > > > > I have a document signed in Olmstead, North Dakota in 1920 by
> > > > > anywhere. Elvira's parents, according to the same 1860 census,
were
> >John
> > > > > Millholland (age 68), and Elizabeth Millholland Born Ohio ( 38
yrs).
> > > >Elviras
> > > > > age was then 3 yrs..
> > > > > Note: my Bible spells it Mil-holland (one " l " ), and the census
has
> >Mill
> > > > > (two " l " 's)
> > > > > Mark Wesley Emswiler ( the grandson), it has been suggested to me
in
> >my
> > > > > search, may have been a minister in the Surrey, N. Dakota COB.,
and
> >that
> > > >he
> > > > > may have recently died.
> > > > > ------------------------------------
> > > > > David Wampler is named as an early Hansboro area settler.
> > > > > Taken from the Hansboro Pioneer Newspaper - Towner County, are the
> > > > > statements:
> > > > > May 31, 1907 - " It is reported that the Dunkards have concluded
to
> >build
> > > >a
> > > > > church on David Wampler's farm."
> > > > > May 16,1907 - "Mr. Emswiler went through here Saturday soliciting
for
> >the
> > > > > new Dunkard Church to be built on David Wamplers' place"
> > > > > July 3, 1914 - " Mr. and Mrs. D. Wampler went to Brumbaugh to
attend
> >a
> > > > > meeting of the Brethern."
> > > > >
> > > > > I believe the above David Wampler to be my great grandfather.
> > > >
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > >--
> > > > > ---------
> > > > > A kind man sent me an article from The Gospel Messenger Jan. 29,
1944
> >page
> > > > > 26. It contained the Obituary for Lillie (Wampler) Kinney Born
July
> >9,
> > > > > 1874 in Henry County, Indiana and dies at her home in Egeland, N.
> >Dakota
the
> > > > > oldest
> > > > > child of the late Mr. and Mrs. David Wampler. The early part of
her
> >life
> > > > > was
> > > > > spent in Indiana; she came to North Dakota in the late 1890¹s.
Mrs.
> >the
> > > > > Egeland Assembly of God church by the undersigned, assisted by
Rev.
> > > >Miller,
> > > > > the pastor of the Assembly of God Church. Interment was in the
local
> > > > > cemetery. - Ray Harris, Minot, N. Dak.
> > > > > I would very much like to find more information about my
> >North
> > > > > Dakota.
> > > > > Barb
> > > > > ==== BRETHREN Mailing List ====
> > > > > 7 -------------------
> > > > > The Fellowship of Brethren Genealogists
> > > > > (owners of this list-server)
> > > > > Now have a Homepage on The World Wide Web
> > You are invited to join the membership of FOBG
> > For further information e-mail
> > ----------------------
> ==== BRETHREN Mailing List ====
> 1 -------------------
> The Fellowship of Brethren Genealogists
> (owners of this list-server)
> Now have a Homepage on The World Wide Web
> To visit it point your browser to
> http://www.cob-net.org/fobg/