BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2000-11 > 0973384198

Subject: Re: Hardman/Cable
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 19:29:58 EST

Dear Joe, yes I am the one you communicated with a couple of yrs ago. I thank
you so very much for the efforts you put forth in helping me locate my Gr.
Grandmother Sarah Hardman. Now we never found out where she was buried or a
birth certificate on my grandfather. you might recall that he was born out of
wed lock and was named WILLIAM ELSTON BROWN. There was a Stump lady in
Greenville that helped also, she located a bastardy case with Sarah Hardman
taking a William Brown to court and proved he was the father of her unborn
child, which was given his fathers name William. However my Grandfather
changed his name to Robert Elston Hartmann sometime from 1910 census to 1918
when he and my grandmother gat married.
Hope you are in Good Health now
Larry Hartmann

This thread: