BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2000-08 > 0967668610

From: Cedar & Stone <>
Subject: Re: 2 door houses
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:50:10 -0400

Valid point!! Thankyou for the replies all on List.

I keep wondering this too, as they built the homes before the churches organized
in the 1770s and even later for Meadow Branch COB. But the homes are that old 2
over 2 birck design with no PA brick trim over the windows. Think they wanted
simple and like a church too? But assumed was like church they came from. Maybe
the church /house in switzerland had 2 front doors. Who knows! Works for
Myers, Danner, Neff, Bankert, Petry and others here--they all held church in the
home way before the church built!