BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2000-08 > 0967638549

From: "rhoese" <>
Subject: Re: 2 door houses
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 07:29:09 -0500

I lived in Lafayette, LA for 30 years. A great many of the older homes
there, built up into the 30-40's and from very early days have 2 front
doors. I heard a lot of different explanations for it and I would think it
might be the front parlor explanation except that in that locale few had two
parlors! It is interesting where it might have come from, but it seems
fairly universal.
Ruth Hoese @interconnect.net