BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2000-08 > 0966143865

From: Kim Kendall <>
Subject: Re: Waddams Grove - Shively, Bender
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:17:45 -0700

Jan T,

What Shivelys are you looking for? I'm looking for a Shively family that spent
some time in northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin. Husband Peter Johnson
Shively, wife Christeann Bender Hughes Shively.

Peter and Christeann had three children, Andrew b. in MI in 1861, Ida May b. in
Elkhorn (WI?) in 1864, and Ellen Jane b. in Litchfield, Montgomery Co., IL in
1867.

Christeann was born in 1828 in PA, daughter of Henry Bender and Susannah Muell
(from marriage license of Christeann's third marriage in 1883.)
Peter was born in PA or VA in 1813 or 1814. I have no more information on
Peter or his family.

Thanks.

Kim

Peter had four children from a previous marriage who were probably all adults
by the early 1860s: Peter, Peggy, Danny and Willy.

Peter Shively