BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2000-07 > 0962807577

From: "Patricia P. Hickin" <>
Subject: Re: River Brethren
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:32:57 -0400

I am interested in this "Yokeli." My mother's oldest sister, Marie Lucy
Layman (b. 1895, Botetourt Co., VA), married a Samuel Hill Yokeley, M.D. (b
10/14/1879 in Thomasville, Davidson Co NC). He was just plain Baptist. His
father was Samuel Yokeley; his mother was Junie Tackett. I have no further
info about them.

Was Yokeli the middle name of this Jacob Engle? Do you know any more about
how he acquired the name?

Pat