BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2000-06 > 0960314130

From: Cedar & Stone <>
Subject: Re: Obituary Index - John Family
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 13:55:30 -0400

Dianna or Roger: the George or John WARNER may be of great value to me as am a
descendant of George who stayed in Frederick Co MD while reportedly a Thomas or
a John went to OH. Am curious on the history of this John Warner. Also where is
htis cemetery located exactly on what roads please ((I will check my gazetteer
and my database on OH cems for Montgomery and Preble Co OH)).
What documentation did you use for this line? Is there any association with
the Lingenfelter family, as both these lines originated in Frederick Co MD from
York Co PA. Do you have any father for the John? Could the father of John be
George who married Elizabeth Waggoner? and George be the son of John of
Shrewsbury/Sinsheim Tork Co PA?
And are you sure these lines are Brethren and not the Lutheran relatives of
Silver Run (along with the Ezra Nicodemus) or the Methodists of the Poulson or
Sam's Creek Valley of Medford/Marston, Carroll Co MD? Oh I am really happy to
finally get in touch with someone who does this WARNER in OH. And excited as a
descendant of Heinrich Cassell marries one of the sons of Valentine Lingenfelter
but heard that they go to NC. Get back to me privately. Thanks, 2doors.

"RHOADS, Roger" wrote: .....Dianna, Perhaps of no value to you, but the John
family married into my Warner family in Montgomery Co., OH. John John , b. May
14, 1812, d. June 27, 1891, m. Feb. 14, 1833 Montgomery Co., OH Nancy Warner, b.
Sept. 18, 1812, d. June 23, 1884, d/o Jacob Warner, Sr. and Rosanna
Lindenfelter. They had a daughter, Elizabeth. Both are buried in Warner
Cemetery, Randolph Twp., Montgomry Co., OH. There is also Ephraim W. John
buried alongside Nancy of no known relationship, b. May 15, 1864, d. Sept. 8,
1866. The Warner's were definitely Brethren, so I assume John John was as well.

> Roger Rhoads

This thread: