BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2000-05 > 0958358776

From: Cathy Martin <>
Subject: Correction: Congregation closest to Milton Twp., near Rittman, OH?
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 22:46:16 -0400

I'm sorry, I should have said that Milton Township near Rittman, Ohio is
in Wayne Co. in northeastern, Ohio. Rittman is in the northern part of
Wayne Co. and I think that my family lived a little east of Rittman, so
they were probably in the northeast part of Wayne Co. I'd be grateful if
someone could tell me what Brethren congregation would have been closest
to this area in the years 1819-1851. Would it have been the Mohican
congregation? Or was there one that was closer to the northeast part of
Wayne Co. during those years?

My ggg grandparents, Frederick DAGUE and Catharine HARSH DAGUE and gggg
grandmother, Margaret SWINEHART DAGUE are buried in the Hoover-Swagler
Cemetery where many other Brethren were buried. Would that be a clue?
Would anyone know which Brethren congregation buried many of their
members in the Hoover-Swagler cemetery? Or would anyone know which
congregation members of the HOOVER and SWAGLER families were in?

On Sun, 14 May 2000 21:58:30 -0400 Cathy Martin <>
writes:
>Can someone please tell me what would have been the closest Brethren
>congregation to Milton Township near Rittman, Ohio in the years
>1819-1851? Would Mohican have been the closest congregation or was
>there
>one that was closer?
>
>Cathy Martin

> The Fellowship of Brethren Genealogists
> (owners of this list-server)
> Now have a Homepage on The World Wide Web
> To visit it point your browser to
> http://www.cob-net.org/fobg/

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.