BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2000-05 > 0957384009

From: "Ralph C, Nearhoof Jr." <>
Subject: Re: advice needed
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 16:00:09 -0400

Hi Ben,

I don't have your email address so I can't mail you directly.

After using several Genealogy programs and asking others what their program
could and could not do, I settled with PAF. The main reason is PAF has a
lot of 3rd party software venders which allows you do much more than a stand
alone genealogy program.

I input everything into PAF and then with GenBook, I create one of many
printouts in bookform (with index) which can be loaded into Word or
WordPerfect. I use WordPerfect. Once in WordPerfect, one can do any
additional modification if they so desire. You can select various options
in GenBook to get most any format you wish to have in you book.

I am not familiar with the newer version of Family Tree Maker. I was not
pleased with the older versions since one was locked into their format and
usually had to do several printings to get all the data.

I hope this helps.

Ralph