BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2000-04 > 0956914246

From: gordon curry <>
Subject: Re: obits
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:30:46 -0500

This is the second reference I have read about Brethren members falling
beneath the wagon carrying a load of bark. My question is, what did they
do with bark? Why bother with the bark when wood was so plentiful? Was
it used as a substitute for wood in their stoves? perhaps someone who
has studied the history of the early Brethren could tell me.
Gordon A Curry