BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2000-04 > 0956843881

Subject: Re: obits
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:58:01 -0500

The index is 3667 pages or something like that and I do not advise anyone
to buy it unless you have the books that go with it.. That's why it was
worth it for me to buy it since I have almost all of them.. Even so I
complained.

The spelling in the index is Nearhoof and I did not find any other
variations that I recognized.

Here is the list... Emma Louella , Catharine (m Jacob), Daniel, George,
Jeremiah, John, Kate, Lydia (m Eben) Mary Ann, Sarah (m Jeremiah), Venra
Bell (Abram & Flora)

The Ebys etc. are an entirely different matter... many spellings and many
more Brethren so there are pages.. Ebie, Ebey,
Eby, Evey... all there. Suggest you put together a list I can work on..
Remember Messenger started in 1883.. Anything before that I need at least
yr of death to search in other publications. since they are not indexed...

Let me know further.

Ferne Baldwin
Manchester College

This thread: