BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1999-12 > 0945006779

From: "J. M. Freed" <>
Subject: 1889-1894 Record book, Cripe, Barnhart, Deeter, Fuller,Sutton, Jaeke, Delp(?), Ward, Irwin, Hood, Bowers, Douglas, Morris, Wyland, Wogerman, Holman, etc.
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 08:52:59 -0500

A small leather record book has recently been given to me (from a
Brethren ministerial family) that contains surnames that have been
discussed on this list. The names come from two time periods,
1857-1861, and 1889-1897, with different names in the two time
periods. I'll provide the names below for the first second time
period 1889-1897, to follow up an earlier message giving names for the
first time period.

The 1857-1861 time period contains records that may have been written
by Henry NISWANDER, as his name and the date, 1860, appears on the
inside back cover of the record book. For this latter period of time,
different handwriting is used and there is no clear identification of
the writer. Since the book came from a grandson of Brethren minister,
Emanuel Smith (1869-1937), this second writer might be Emanuel Smith.
[One of Emanuel Smith's daughters married a Niswander.] NO
geographical locations are provided. I would be interested to find
out, from anybody on this list, if they recognize these names and
where the locations might be. For those interested in specific
names, I'd be happy to share what information is available. These are
not genealogical records (no pedigrees, etc), but definitely provide
information about what specific individuals are doing at certain time
periods.

BARNHART, Will
BOWERS, W.
CRIPE, Allen