BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1999-10 > 0939757346

From: <>
Subject: Re: Danner Family
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:42:26 EDT

Hi again, I had just answered Feme's prior message when this one came in.
THANK YOU so very much. This is very interesting information regarding John
DICK. Especially when you connect John DICK going to Muhlenberg and Samuel
DANNER, also going there. As I said before John DICK md. Mary DONNER,
daughter of George Sr. and his wife MARY (HUFF?). You all may find it
interesting that I returned last Friday from central Illinois where I visited
the burial site of John and Mary DONNER DICK - photos will be in later today.
Also the Brethren tradition that John DICK and Joseph ROWLAND led an
immigration to the Sangamon River country is fascinating for several reasons.
The first being that, as I stated previously, I believe George DONNER, Sr.'s
wife to have been the daughter of Valentine HUFF and another of Valentine
HUFF's daughters, Esther, married Jacob ROLAND. I have a number of books
on Sangamon county and I can now check the ROLAND/ROWLAND surname. Thank
you immensely. Is the order book 2A of Muhlenberg Co., Ky from the court or
the Brethren records - I would like to obtain a copy if possible. THANK YOU
THANK YOU. Jo Ann Brant Schmidt in Houston, Tx.

This thread: