BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1999-06 > 0928945619

From: <>
Subject: Re: Brethren History
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:26:59 EDT

Dear Merle, I have read with interest your many fine articles on migration
and the most recent on Anabaptist history, You do a fine job interpreting
this interesting background. I have just had visitors in my home from
Schwarzenau. I met them when I visited there about 10 years ago. Her maiden
name was Cassel and they think their ancestor Andreas Cassel was a brother to
my ancestor Yellis Cassel who left there and came to America in 1727.
Andreas managed to marry a woman with some property so didn't feel the
impetus to leave as his brothers did. Cassels of course came from Kreigsheim,
but there does seem to be some evidence that they spent some time in
Wittgenstein as refugees before leaving Europe. Do you have any information
that would confirm this?
Mary Cassel Case

This thread: