BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1999-03 > 0921444338

From: Joanne <>
Subject: Re: BRETHREN-D Digest V99 #110
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 15:45:38 -0500

At 09:49 PM 3-12-1999 EST, wrote:
>Does anyone have info on Samuel and Martin Garber who married Molly & Rebecca
>Stoner (daus. of Jacob)? I think they were born in York Co., Pa. to John H.
>Garber and Barbara ? around 1754.

>From the Gerber Garber Garver Progenitors in America web page:
Samuel (m. Molly Stoner) and Martin Garber (m. ___ Stoner) are listed as
children of Hans and Barbara (Miller) Gerber. Hans (c.1728-1878, Shenandoah
Co., VA) being the son of Niclaus Gerber, who arrived in PA on 17 August
1729 with a large group of Mennonites on the ship Mortonhouse. There is
more on this family here if you are interested.

Anyone looking for Gerber/Garber/Garver needs to look at this page done by
Steven R. Garver and Jerry R. Masters at
<http;//member.aol.com/~srgarver/index.htm>
This is a great page for those of us researching this surname!

Joanne

This thread: