BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1998-07 > 0901603097

From: Vic Kemper <>
Subject: Re: BRETHREN-D Digest V98 #328
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 23:18:17 -0600

The Illinois Historical Journal is absolutely mistaken. As a member of
the Methodist Church (I'm not now) when the merger took place, I can
unequivocally state that the church we merged with was the Evangelical
United Brethren Church (EUB).

It's obvious that there's a rewrite of history involved here, whether
intentinal or not. There's a lot of that going on now. Take, for
example the fiasco at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum a few years
ago when they rewrote the history of the Enola Gay dropping the the
first atomic bomb on Japan. They had it all wrong!

Don't believe everything put out by "modern" historians; some of us
lived through certain events and know what the real stories are.

Vic Kemper