BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1998-07 > 0901583323

From: David Frazee< >
Subject: Re: BRETHREN-D Digest V98 #328
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:48:43 -0400

The Old German Baptist Church continues to flourish, and of course the Church of
>the Brethren united with the Methodists to form the United Methodist
>Church,

This seems to keep being repeated and is not true.
The Church of the Brethren stands on its on today.
It was the Evangelical church and United Brethren church that merged years
ago and then as the Evangical United Brethren Church merged with the
Methodist to become United Methodist. I may not know my Brethren history
as well as others on this list but I do know the history of the latter
churches because I attended one of those during all of those mergers!
Carolyn Frazee

This thread: