BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1998-07 > 0900882038

From: Doug and Peg Adams <>
Subject: Re: Keagy/Kagie
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 16:00:38 -0500

I found some information on the KEAGY family in: "A History of the Kagy
Relationship in America from 1715 to 1900" by Franklin KEAGY, 1899.

The person I traced back was Patrick KEAGY b. 15 Nov. 1822 or 1819 to John
and Margaret (MEESE) KEAGY. Patrick's great grandfather was John KEAGY the
1st Dunkard preacher in Somerset Co. PA mentioned in another Brethren
message. I have some more information re this family.

On 27 April 1847 in Tuscarawas Co. OH, Patrick married Magdalena LONG,
daughter of George LONG and Margaret Rebecca KEEFER formerly of Somserset
Co. PA. They moved to Owen Co., IN c. 1853 where Patrick died 3 May 1883.

At 02:32 PM 7/18/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>I haven't done any proving yet on my Keagys, but the records I've found seem
>pretty consistent that the name was Keagy or Kagie.
>

>Does anybody know anything to indicate that my Keagys are perhaps Yagies??
>
>Jan T

>6 -----------------------------------------------
> This is the Brethren Genealogy and History Network
> we are sponsored by
> The Fellowship Of Brethren Genealogists
> You are invited to join the membership of FOBG
> For further information e-mail

Peg Adams

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/3052/ Adams Home Page
Researching: ADAMS, ATWATER, BERGEY, CODY, CRAVEN, CUSTER, DECKER,
EBERHARD, FRENCH, GONSER, HACKENBERG, HAINES, HARBSTER, HENRICKS, KEEFER,
KENESTRICK, LOGAN, LONG, MACHAN, McCLEAN, PARKER, PRESTON, ROW, SCHMIDT

http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Alley/5802/ Home page for the River Bend
Chapter of Sweet Adelines, International

This thread: