BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1998-06 > 0897768454

From: MR WILLIAM J MALCOLM< >
Subject: Levi Fry Indiana County, Penna -request for info
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 15:07:34, -0500

-- [ From: Bill Malcolm * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Greetings to the list,

I am Bill Malcolm,Tucson, Arizona. I am researching my maternal
grandparents surname Fry who spent most of their lives in Indiana County
,Penna.

Levi Fry, my maternal grandfather was a minister in the Cherryhill
Brethern Church, Cherryhill Twp., Indiana County. His dob was 1819, his
dod 1910, and he is buried in the Cherryhill Brethern Cemetery just
outside Indiana, Penna. His father was Christian Fry dob 1776,dod 1848.
Christian was born in Somerset County, Penna and later moved to Indiana
County. We think he also may be buried in the Cherryhill Brethern
Cemetery (some call this cemetery the Shank cemetery) however I am told
the tombstones there are hardly readable..

I have been unsuccessful in finding much information about Christain,
except I do have a family group sheet for his family which I got from
another Fry researcher. I would like to learn of his forebears.
Any help will be appreciated. I am rather new at this research so please
bear with me if I appear to be very naive, because I am.

feel free to e-mail me direct if you wish

Thank you ,

Bill Malcolm
Tucson, Az

This thread: