BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1998-04 > 0892045628

From: "Merle C. Rummel" <>
Subject: Miami Valley Geneological Index
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 07:27:08

Thanks Joe

--Wish I'd known of this Miami Valley Geneological Index LONG AGO (except
my computer is NOT fast --and some of these page-things -take me forever!)

And here I've been driving to Dayton (or Ft Wayne!) to find out the
information --and it was available on my Computer -in my house!!!

But I'm going to argue with you about the migration being UP the Great
Miami River! (try going UPSTREAM on the Great Miami with one of those
flatboats!) And that way was lots farther than the Bullskin Landing -below
Felicity, Clermont Co OH, Olive Branch Church, and up the 2 Indian roads,
past the Obannon/Stonelick Churches -that is a much easier way!

In the several records I've found on migration "up the River" -I first find
them referenced near Franklin OH. That is where the Indians forded the
Great Miami, coming up the trace (Obannon Ch/Goshen/Lebanon) from Bullskin
Landing. I'm finding more and more of the earliest Dayton Brethren WERE AT
MY CHURCH first!! (this year or next year -my exhibit at the Harvest
Festival, Camp Woodland Altars --will take this as its theme! Those
migration routes -before the Old National Road, 1827, was LAST Years exhibit!)

Rev. Merle C. Rummel
Stonelick Church of the Brethren

This thread: