BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1998-03 > 0889570208

From: Con Panna <>
Subject: Re: Hostetler/Hochstetler in Stark Co.,OH
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 17:50:08 EST

More on the HOCHSTETLER's of Ohio; Somewhere I picked up a nifty pamphlet
titled "Self Guided Tour Booklet Wayne, Holmes & Tuscarawas Counties Places of
Interest Jacob Hochstetler Descendants" It notes it was intended as a self-
guided tour of early Hochstetler homesteads and other points of interest and
used during the Hochstetler Gathering in Kidron, Ohio in 1993.
Some of the entries include: Paradise Church of the Brethern-buried here are
several of their minister's who were descendant's of Jacob Hochstetler. Two
River Brethern Ministers were John H. Smith (DJH6701) and Elias Schrock,
married to Elizabeth Stutzman(DBH 15196). Aaron Heestand (DJH 6664) was a
Church of the Brethern Elder.
East Chippewa Church of the Brethern- located 1/2 mile N. of the Henry
Stutzman farm and the resting place of longtime minister David McFadden(DJH
6655).
#13 on the tour is the farm of Adam Hochstetler (DJH 5444). It notes he
attended the Church of the Brethern at Bunker Hill near Berlin and his son
Josiah was a minister there. Josiah's grave is also listed on the tour.
It is a very informative little book and should I ever have the time and
find myself in Ohio it should prove to be an invaluable aid in tracing the
Hochstetler's.
Jenni

This thread: