BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1998-03 > 0889549608

From: Con Panna <>
Subject: Re: Hostetler/Hochstetler in Stark Co.,OH
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 12:06:48 EST

Attention Hochstetler researcher:

I descend from the Hochstetler's as shown below:
Jacob Hochstetler -m- ?
-John Hochstetler -m- Catherine Hertzler
--Jacob Hochstetler -m- Barbara Miller
---Catherine Hochstetler -m- George Klingaman.
In Amish and Mennonite Genealogies by Gingerich and Krieder it lists Josiah
as the son of Adam Hochstetler(born Jan. 24,1811 in Somerset Co.PA)and Mary
Walter(Polly). Joshiah's 2nd wife Catherine Beeghley was the daughter of John
and Catherine(Peck) Beeghley.
Adam Hochstetler was the son of Henry Hochstetler (born Aug. 19, 1773 near
Hamburg, Berks Co. PA. He resided on a farm owned later by Christian Yoder
near Summit Mills, Pa but later moved to Famerstown Ohio ca 1832. He was a
deacon in Amish Church. He married 1. Barbara Schrock had 9 children including
Adam. He married 2. Sarah Yoder and had 10 other children.
Henry Hochstetler is the son of John Hochstetler and Catherine Hertzler
listed above. They are also all listed in Descendants of Jacob Hochstetler The
Immigrant of 1736 by Rev. Harvey Hostetler,D.D., 1977.(This is a reprint of a
much earlier edition.)
If I can help further please e-mail me directly.
Good hunting, Jenni

This thread: