BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1997-11 > 0879714256

From: <>
Subject: Re: Rev. SHAWALTER, HAWLEY, ULRICH, SWEENEY
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 16:04:16 -0500 (EST)

I'm not sure what information (if any) you are looking for in Jefferson
County KS. However, I have the book Tombstone Inscriptions for Jefferson
County and am a member of both the Jeffco Genealogical Society and the Jeffco
Historical Society. They have a great index card system on newspaper
obituaries for anybody in Jefferson County or nearby Douglas County. My
uncle John, who is very active in both associations, was at one time the
minister of the McLouth Brethren Church. I don't recall hearing of a COB at
Oskaloosa, but do know there was one at Ozawkie which was very active. I'm
not sure it still exists because the Ozawkie folks I know go to the COB at
Topeka now. However, I'm sure we could find information about your folks
during the time they were in Jefferson County.

Anything you want me to look up in the burial book? Jan T

This thread: