BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1997-11 > 0878910966

From: Bea Hayes <>
Subject: Re: Bowman and Buechel ministers
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 05:56:06 -0800

Hi Yvonne,
Johan Michael was Elder at the Elk Lick Church, Somerset Co., PA.
Two good books on this family are "Two Centuries of Brothersvalley"
by Austin Cooper and "History of the COB of Western PA" by Elder
Jerome Blough, Pub. 1916. I have previously gotten both on inter-
library loan from my local library.
Also, Barrow Inken is believed to be first wife of Michael. I have
lots on this family line as Michael's son Jacob's children married
into my Forney and Horner lines. Check my homepage
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/h/a/y/Beatrice-E-Hayes/
Bea

YVONNE E. SCHWARTZ wrote:

> German Baptist Brethren &minister,Amish minister:Johann Michael
> BUCHELE
> b.1/21/1742 Etlingen,providenc of baden germany d..8/12/1812
> buriel:Elias
> Cover Cemetery,somerset co, pa (berlin,Pa)
> 2nd wife Barro INKEN b. 9/9/1742 bucks county,pa d.1/20/1789
> marrage. buck county,pa
> i have some date problems on these two
> 1. any info on his church and ministry?
> 2. any info on his second wife INKEN?
> 3. history :anything on this couple
> 4. where to look for life happenings. i am looking for a story.
>
> German Baptist Brethren minister: Jacob BEEGLY (son of above)
> b.12/10/1766
> cocalico twp,somerset county,pa d. 7/2/1834 berlin, somerset county,pa
>
> buriel: 2 mi. sw of Berlin,pa in Beachdale cemetery
> wife: Mary (polly) HENDRICKS (father John h. HENDRICK)b.3/10/1776 ekj
> kucj
> two, bedford county d:9/2/1831 berlin, somerset county,pa.
> marrage:17791 somerset county pa
>
> 1. looking for info on his church and ministry
> 2. where to look for life happenings for this family history.
>
> Minister and elder of Church of the Brethren: Michael BOWMAN b
> 4/21/1845
> Meyersdale,PA (maryland) d. 3/23/1927 Goshen, IN buriel: Rock RUn
> Cemetery,
> Goshen, IN
> wife: Sarah JaneSHANABARGERr b. 10/1/1846(48?) d. 10/7/1910. her
> parents
> Christopher and Mary Magdalene SHANABARGER
> marrage: 11/24/1865 Fayette,PA
>
> 1. looking for info on their church and ministry.
> 2. story on their lives.
>
> yvonne e. schwartz

This thread: