BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1997-10 > 0876504986

From: <>
Subject: Re: DCO- Appology
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 13:36:26 -0400 (EDT)

<< >Sorry for those I may have offended with the Cookie reciepe. Live a
>little learn a little. Fear not it will be the last time I will send
>anything like that to a list. Remember I'm still learning. Thanks, Steve

Apology accepted - at least by me. This story, by the way, is an old one
and is classified as an Urban Legend. It has, however, been elaborated on
since I saw it last; someone added an actual recipe to make it more
realistic. For your information, be wary of stories starting with, "I
received this from a friend who ..." - this is the classic opening line for
urban legends. The friend is never identified nor can he/she ever be
traced. Despite this, the stories are passed on as absolute truth.

Bob >>

Steve, your intentions were in the right place! Thank you for that! On the
other hand...I had never seen it before, so I'm tickled to death to have the
recipe. I'll probably make a batch for my son this weekend! Thanks!

Laura

This thread: