BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 1997-05 > 0864094556

From: vicnjudy <>
Subject: Re: COB and slavery
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 20:15:56 -0600 (MDT)

Hi, Eric Zurcher and the whole gang

Some Amish/COB connections with those surnames in my data are:

Rebecca ZUCK/ZOOK (Amish) 1824-1852, m Isaac R. DEPPEN (COB)
Emma SUMMERS m William ROYER 1849-1930 (his second marriage)
Albagena SUMMERS m William ROYER 1849-1930 (his third marriage)
Benjamin Franklin ZUCK 1856-aft 1914, m Emma K. MILLER (denom.?)
Christian ZUCK 1821-1897, m Susanna LEFEVRE. He changed his name from
ZOOK to distinguish his family from the Amish ZOOKs.
Jacob ZOOK abt 1784-1863, m Elizabeth HOSTETLER. He was born Amish but
his marriage is recorded in the Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster, PA.

Many KINGs and KURTZs were once Amish also.

Vic Kemper

On Mon, 19 May 1997, Eric Zurcher wrote:
> Does anyone know whether the Amish Summers (also spelled as Summer, Somers,
> or Sommers), are closely connected with the Dunkard family with the same
> surname? My "Amish" line actually has a number of surnames with Brethren
> affinities (Summers, Zug, Blank, Ritter, and Bollinger); I'd link to hear
> from anyone who has information on Amish-COB links, especially involving
> those families.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eric Zurcher
> CSIRO Division of Entomology