BRAZIL-L Archives

Archiver > BRAZIL > 2007-08 > 1188437700

From: "David Asprey" <>
Subject: Re: [BRAZIL] Charles and Samuel BADGE
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 02:35:00 +0100

on August 23, 2007 3:11 AM Anne Napier wrote
> I am new to this list and I am hoping that someone may be able to assist
> with information about the following persons:
>
> Charles Morley BADGE
> born 1873 St. Erth, Cornwall, ENG
> married 1896 Penzance, Cornwall, ENG to either Honor RICHARDS or Annie
> TRIGGS
> emigrated 1896 from Liverpool ENG to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
>
> also his brother
> Samuel John BADGE
> born 1874 St Erth, Cornwall, ENG
> emigrated 1896 Liverpool ENG to Rio de Janeiro
>
> There is also an H. BADGE who emigrated two years later in 1898 from
> Liverpool ENG to Rio de Janeiro Brazil and it is quite possible that this
> is
> the wife of Charles (i.e. Honor).
>
> Would anyone else happen to be researching the same family? Is there any
> online data available that may assist me with researching what became of
> these people after they arrived in Brazil?

They were both miners, who were recruited to the Passagem mine at Ouro Preto
in the state of Minas Gerais.
See
http://www.projects.ex.ac.uk/cornishlatin/database/searchforanancestor.php ,
though this puts their emigration earlier - in 1889

It seems that Samuel moved on to the Michigan, US in 1900. From the Ellis
Island site, it looks as if he made a visit to England in 1912, returning to
New York on the 'Majestic' on 26/12/1912.

David Asprey

This thread: