BRAZIL-L Archives

Archiver > BRAZIL > 2004-12 > 1103484544

From: "Ivo Ricardo Wanderley" <>
Subject: Hosting for Monograph
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:29:06 -0200

Blank
Dear Brazil Rootsweb Colleagues,

My name is Ivo Ricardo Wanderley and I am a retired electronic engineer,
born and living in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. After my retirement, besides
starting a training course in social projects development, I decided to give
a little attention to Genealogy, a subject that always attracted my interest
but the working responsibilities never permitted me to spare a time to it.

I started my incursions into this new knowledge area by studying the
available documentation on the Wanderley Family. I went further with the
material listed in the bibliographic references, internet searches and
contacts with acquainted genealogists, such as my cousins Noemia Brandão,
author of the book Wanderley of Sirinhaém, and Eloi Angelos Ghio, and
Bartholomeu Buarque de Holanda.

During these searches for bibliographic references, I ended establishing a
solid friendship with Prof. Dr. Frans Josef Moonen, author of the work
entitled Gaspar Van Der Ley in Brasil - Monograph nº 5, published by the
Instituto de Ciências do Homem (Men's Sciences Institute), Divisão de
História (History Division), Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (Pernambuco
Federal University), Imprensa Universitária (University Press), Recife:
1968. During our correspondence interchange we thought of making the
Monograph available in the internet for interested readers. I have prepared
an electronic version of the document in PDF format, from the last Monograph
issue still in good state that Prof. Dr. Moonen has lent me. The electronic
file is 1.15 MB in size. Prof. Dr. Moonen has granted me a formal
authorization, in writen form, to make the Monograph available in the
internet.

I would like to receive suggestions from the Brazil Rootsweb colleagues
about internet site(s) that could host the Monograph.

Thanking in advance for your attention and help, I take this opportunity to
wish you and all of yours a Happy Christmas and a New Year full of health,
peace, love and success.

Sincerely,

Ivo Ricardo Wanderley
Ph/Fax: 55 21 3150 6233