BOWLES-L Archives

Archiver > BOWLES > 2000-05 > 0959665607

From: Linne Gravestock <>
Subject: Bowles: Cherokees in OK, 1850-1861
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 22:46:47 -0700

This is precisely the group that I'm working hardest to find
a family connection to. So if you see a connection to your own
lines, please do let me know.
Thanks loads,
Linne

Match: Bowles
Source:
Subject: Cherokee Almanac 3

Subj: [CherokeeGene] Cherokee Almanac 3
Date: 3/28/2000 12:50:33 AM Eastern Standard Time
From: (Georgie)

Cherokee Almanac
Government of the Cherokee Nation 1855 page 21
Executive - John Ross, Principal Chief - (none listed) Assistant Chief
James Brown, Joseph Vann, A. Campbell, Executive Council
David Vann, Treasurer

Legislative
Sequoyah District - Joseph Proctor, N. B. Byers - Committee
Black Fox, Du-tsa-la, Walter Lee - Council

Illinois District - Alex. Foreman, Richard Fields - Committee
Allen Ratley, John Brewer, Moses Parris - Council

Canadian District - T. Guess, David Boggs - Committee
Leggings, L. B. Bowles, D. W. Bowles - Council

Flint District - W. A. Duncan, Sam'l Chambers - Committee
George. Chambers, John Keith, George Blair - Council

Going Snake District - John Foster, Aaron Wilkerson - Committee
J. M. Starr, Six Killer, James Hair - Council

Tahlequah District - Wm. P. Ross, N. B. Sanders - Committee
John Thorn, Jesse Sanders, Johnson Keith - Council

Delaware District - James Kell, Ch's Landrum - Committee
Laugh at mush, Stand Watie, J. V. Hildebrand - Council

Saline District - R. D. Ross, Tho's Pegg - Committee
Lewis Downing, Spring Frog, Standing Buck - Council

James Kell, President of Committee
John Thorn, Speaker of Council
Wm. P. Boudinot, Clerk of Committee
Tho's B. Wolf, Clerk of Council