BOWER-L Archives

Archiver > BOWER > 2000-12 > 0976745202

From: Dixie Cutler <>
Subject: Re: [BOWER] CHAT-Christmas celebrations (cont.)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:06:42 -0800

Can't resist (being Canadian of English/Scots background) a comment
on Ron's Boxing Day explanation. When I was a child, I was told that
it was Boxing Day because the gnetry in England boxed food and
supplies to give to their tenants and the poor.
Any of our English cousins want to correct me if I'm wrong?
Best from Canada
Dixie Bower Cutler