BOSTON-L Archives

Archiver > BOSTON > 2008-05 > 1209638679

From: "Betty" <>
Subject: [BOSTON] "Historic Tours" in Boston
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 06:44:39 -0400

Hello,

As I've lived near Boston all of my life, I know about the history of
Boston, and I know about the several "historic tours" which are available.

This morning, while looking to compare the "Pilgrim Monument" in
Provincetown to the "Bunker Hill Monument" in Charlestown, I read about the
"Boston Monument." I'm not yet finding a site describing the "Boston
Monument" but I did find a site which mentions a "historic tour" I had not
yet heard about:

http://www.bwht.org/ladieswalk_intro.html

Oh.. I just noticed. It's called a "Herstory Trail" because it's about 3
ladies in Boston's history.
:o)

I saw a reference to the "Pine Street Inn" being in the "Boston Monument."
But, I'm not finding a history page for the "Pine Street Inn."

... Perhaps others can mention the "historic tours in Boston" which they
have taken.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

http://www.bostonhistory.org/

http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/