BLEVINS-L Archives

Archiver > BLEVINS > 2005-08 > 1124854736

From: Carolyn W Dyer <>
Subject: Re: [BLEVINS-L] Need some Blevins feedback
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:38:56 -0400

Greetings,
In reference to Levi Blevins 1779 Virginia died 1861 Lawrence County,
Kentucky. I removed Solomon from the Levi Blevins family many years
ago. Solomon is connected to the Blevins group we find in Bath County.
I would place him more in line with the James Blevins family living in
Bath and Menifee County, Kentucky. No parents have ever been
established for Solomon. He appeared around 1830 and the only Blevins
families there at that time was the family of James Blevins. I have
collected a large research file on Levi Blevins with many documents
found in the Archives such as deeds and court document . I have
information on Levi before arriving in Kentucky, but have no
documentation to connect him with parents, brothers or sisters. Only
theory on who that could possibly be. My theory is there is a connection
to the James Blevins 1751, Levi Blevins 1779 and William Blevins 1780.
As of this date we have found no documentation to support our theory. I
also have documentation to place the family of Solomon and Elizabeth
Quinley Blevins in Bath County, Menifee, Morgan and Greenup County,
Kentucky. Elizabeth is found 1880 living in Greenup County, KY. We
visited the grave of James Blevins 1751 on Memorial Day of this year.
Gail Blevins of Ashland is responsible for placing a Revolutionary War
foot marker on the grave to let others know.
We are in constant research seeking any information to help solve the
Blevins mysteries of Eastern Kentucky.
I have identified the following as the Children of Levi and Mary Blevins
Children of LEVI BLEVINS and MARY are:

2. i. NATHANIEL3 BLEVINS, b. 1805, Virginia; d.
Bef. 1840, Lawrence County, Kentucky. married Rebecca Wooten January
1824, Floyd County, Kentucky

3. ii. ABAGAIL BLEVINS, b. 1807, North Carolina. m.
Benjamin Porter 1927 Floyd County, KY

4. iii. MARGARETT "PEGGY" BLEVINS, b. 1814, Virginia;
d. Bet. 1861 - 1868, Johnson County, Kentucky. Married James
Mollett/Mullett March 16, 1834

5. iv. SAMUEL J. BLEVINS, b. 1816, Virginia. Married
Mary Mollett/Mullett 1839 Lawrence County, KY

6. v. JAMES BLEVINS, b. 1820, Virginia; d. Aft.
1880, Johnson County, Kentucky. Married Elizabeth Mollett/Mullett
March 1837, Lawrence County, KY

7. vi. ZELPHENEY BLEVINS, b. 1822, VA; d. 1863,
Johnson County, Kentucky. Married John B. Mollett/Mullett 1841
Lawrence County, KY. died 1863

8. vii. EMARETA BLEVINS, b. 1826 Lawrence County,
Kentucky; d. Dec 1880 Lawrence County, Kentucky Married James Price
March 1843. He died 1880

9. viii. ELLENOR "ELLEN" BLEVINS, b. 1829, Lawrence
County, Kentucky. Married Stephen Williamson Feb 21, 1850 Lawrence
County , KY

ix. SARAH "SALLY" BLEVINS, m. PATRICK PORTER
JR., 18 Jul 1827, Floyd County, Kentucky. Married Patrick Porter.
I have no information on this family .+

Carolyn Wilson Dyer
Georgetown, Kentucky