BLAKE-L Archives

Archiver > BLAKE > 2007-05 > 1179882829

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [BLAKE] Blakes - Wrentham, Massachusetts
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 01:13:49 -0000

Author: fisherjohnr
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.blake/1833.3.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Sure I'd love to see what you have. We may have two different John's here - my Vitals of Sandwich only have a John Blake in town in 1844- There are very few Blake's listed in Sandwich at all. Maybe Plymouth is a better lead for your John. Other tip I have is the founding Blake for New England came to Dorchester and has been pretty well documented so you may try starting before your John and tracing forward. I've used that technique before with success. If you do connect back to the Blake's of Dorchester check out the "Interesting Charactors" section of my web site. The James Blake house of Dorchester still stands and is the oldest house in Boston. I've gathered info and pics on it. my email is
best regards,
John R. Fish(er) of the Sandwich Fish:)

Important Note: