BEARCE-L Archives

Archiver > BEARCE > 2000-11 > 0974039659

From: "Jennifer F. Davis" <>
Subject: [BEARCE COUSINS] more obits
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 09:34:19 -0500

While at the Panama City News-Herald website, I notice they had obituaries archived back to 1997. I did searches for variations of the Bearss name and found the following:

name, age, date of death, hometown

Bearss, Eleanor Jeffers,65, April 17, 1998, Lynn Haven
Ziegler, Juanita Louise Barse, 49, Oct. 4, 1998, Panama City
Barse, Bridget Julia, 79, June 17, 1998, Panama City

Wedding Announcement in 1998 (includes a Barss name):
Dever, Walker

Melinda Fay Dever and Marcus Jason Walker were joined in marriage Oct. 17 at Grace Presbyterian Church in Panama City. The reverend Robert Hayes performed the candlelight, double ring service.

The bride is the daughter of Jim and Fay Dever of St. Louis. She is the granddaughter of Hazel Dever of Hattiesburg, Miss. and Vera Davis of Jackson, Miss.

The groom is the son of Dan and Debi Etter of Panama City. He is the grandson of Huey and Geraldine Bozeman of Panama City.

Melanie Ray was matron of honor with Katherine Alley, Jodi Burns, Dana Dubose, Natalie Johnson, and Susan Weathers as bridesmaids. Josie Burns was flower girl.

Dan Etter served as best man while James Barss, Jason Dorman, Powell Ennis, Stewart Hall, and Robert Walker were groomsmen. Colby Walker was ring bearer.

After a wedding trip to Negril, Jamaica, the couple will reside in Panama City. The groom is employed by M. Walsh & Sons.

This thread: