BEARCE-L Archives

Archiver > BEARCE > 2000-11 > 0973575372

From: Stuart Friedman Kay Harlan <>
Subject: Re: [BEARCE COUSINS] Asa
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 21:36:12 -0800

Let's take it from the top:

Gauche Bearse b.1592, m.Matchowitch
Augustine (Austin) Bearse b.1618 Southampton, Hampshire England d.1697 in Barnstable, Ma. m.Mary "little dove" Hyanno abt. July 1639 in
Mattachee Village, Barnstable Co., Massachusetts, daughter of John HYANNO and Mary NO-PEE. She was born between 1623 - 1625 in Cummaquids,
Barnstable Co., MA and died after 1660 in Barnstable, MA>
They had 11 children born between 1640 and 1660, and the youngest was
James Bearse b.31, July 1660 in Barnstable d.07 October 1728 in Plympton, Plymouth Co., MA. He married Experience Howland 1683 in
Barnstable, daughter of Joseph HOWLAND and Mary LEE. She was born 28 July 1668 in Barstable and died 1728.

They had 3 children and apparently only 2 survived;

James Bearse b.1688 in Halifax, Plymouth Co., MA m.Abiah FORD 23 September 1713. She was born 1697 and died before 1754. They had 6
children and I show them as follows:
Austin BEARSE b.16 July 1714
James BEARSE b.04 December 1717
Miall BEARSE b. 02 February 1719/20
Asa BEARSE b. 17 June 1736
Consider BEARSE b. 15 April 1738
Rebecca BEARSE b. 1742 (no month given)

and

Shubel Bearse b.1689 in Plympton, Plymouth Co., MA d. Feb 1774. He married (1) Betty RECORDS, and had one child Hezekiah. (no date of
birth or death)
He married (2) Thankful FORD 16 November 1709. She was born 1689 in Plympton, Plymouth Co., MA and died after 1754. They had 6 children
and I show them as follows:
Hannah BEARSE b.01 September 1712
Shubel BEARSE b.01 August 1715
Andrew BEARSE b.08 December 1716
Jacob C. BEARSE b.16 November 1718
Hezekiah BEARSE b. 06 April 1720
Thomas BEARSE b. 02 October 1723

I was wrong in previous post (apparently got two entries crossed when I said that Abiah FORD was James' 3rd wife. She was his ONLY wife.
So, this ASA BEARSE had a Grandfather named James (married to Experience).

>From this point on, I only have my direct line which is Jacob C. Bearse b.1718, son of Shubuel. Jacob and Hannah HALL had ony 1 child,
Foard(Ford) b. 25 June 1753 in Pembroke, Plymouth Co., MA d. 24 October 1819 in Georgia, Vermont.
Hope this helps!

Kay Harlan