BEARCE-L Archives

Archiver > BEARCE > 2000-11 > 0973351899

From: "Jennifer F. Davis" <>
Subject: [BEARCE COUSINS] Ancestry.com
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 10:31:39 -0500

Someone mentioned subscribing to Ancestry.com. I have a year-long subscription, and, so far, I have been very pleased. I think I got the $69 subscription. That got me one year of access and a 2000 Reference Library CD. The info. on their website is great, but I haven't found anything useful on the CD.

BTW, I have the following Family Tree Maker CDs:

#110 Social Security Death Index 1937-1999
#134 Military Records: Massachusetts Civil War Soldiers & Sailors, 1861-1865
#146 Military Records: US Soldiers, 1784-1811
#156 Mid-Atlantic Genealogies, 1340-1940
#193 County and Family Histories: Pennsylvania, 1740-1900
#256 Passenger and Immigration Lists: Boston, 1821-1850
#403 Selected US/International Marriage Records, 1560-1900
#449 Local and Family Histories: New England, 1600s-1900s
#500 Family History: Southern Biographies and Genealogies, 1500s to 1940s
#513 Genealogical Records: Virginia Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1693-1850

I also have CDs for their World Family Trees, Volumes 1-6. These are family trees done by users of Family Tree Maker and submitted back to the company, which they strongly encourage. They then compile the submitted family trees onto World Family Tree CDs.

I didn't purchase any of these FTM CDs for anything specific. They came with upgrades that I have bought over the past few years. Anyone can go to www.familytreemaker.com and do a search. The search will show what CDs possibly hold info. you are looking for. I will be glad to do lookups if anyone determines there is something on one of my CDs that might be useful to them.

Jennifer
Rice, VA

This thread: