BARKER-L Archives

Archiver > BARKER > 2001-10 > 1004025947

From: "Georgia Cole" <>
Subject: Re: [BARKER] John Walton Barker
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:05:47 -0500

John Walton Barker of Christian County, Kentucky, and Clarksville, Tennessee, and his descendants are of the Surry County, Virginia, Barkers. Boddie detailed their descent in his book, which included the Barkers. Sorry, I can't give you the details, since my genealogy materials are in disarray as a result of a home improvement project. You should have no difficulty in finding Boddie's book in genealogy libraries. You will want to pursue these Barkers in the original records, for Boddie, like all of us, was not infallible.

John Walton Barker was of the Jethro Barker line, who along with John Barker who married Grace (Busby or Cotton) and Joel Barker, who left almost no tracks, was son of John Barker, early landowner in Surry County.

Hope this helps
Georgia Cole