BAGWELL-L Archives

Archiver > BAGWELL > 2003-09 > 1064437220

From: "Joyce McManus" <>
Subject: [BAGWELL] Robert Bagwell of Westminster
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:00:20 -0400

Hello to each of you Bagwell researchers!
I ran across the following at the library yesterday and thought someone may be interested.

Book - Emigrants from England to American Colonies - 1773-1776 by Peter Wilson Coldham (Lib. Ref = 929.3C)

Port of London - 11-18 Dec 1773:
By the Elizabeth, Mr. Alexander Leitch to VA as indentured Servants for 4 years:
Robert Bagwell of Westminster,[Middlesex], Schoolmaster, aged 23

There was a list of names with his, but none with any of our surnames other than this one. He would have been free by Dec. 1777, unless his master was one of those who found reasons to add more time.
Joyce McManus

http://www.geocities.com/joymac117/
My Web Page. Includes history on Greenwood, SC and surrounding counties, links to other
great sites. Enjoy!

This thread: