AYRES-L Archives

Archiver > AYRES > 2010-09 > 1283404471

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [AYRES] Eli Lippencott Ayres
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 05:14:31 -0000

Author: Guambaby
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.ayres/987.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Eli Lippencott Ayres was baptised in Westminster, Middlesex, England on 15 Dec 1811.

Name: Eli Lippencott Ayres
Gender: Male
Baptism/Christening Date: 15 Dec 1811
Baptism/Christening Place: Westminster, Middlesex, England
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: Thos.
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Sarh.
Mother's Birthplace:
Mother's Age:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I02561-3
System Origin: England-EASy
Source Film Number: 1850975
Reference Number:
Collection: England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

(Note: Son, William Eli Ayres' death certificate transcription indicates his father was "Eli Lippencott Ayres", which is why I believe all the related information in this post is his father)
----------
http://iagenweb.org/boards/appanoose/documents/index.cgi?read=27311
HIST. OF APPANOOSE(1878) - EXLINE, NEW HOPE, CALDWELL, SEDAN

THE TOWNSHIP
F. A. Stevens and Solomon Hobbs were among the first settlers of this township, and Dr. J. H. Worthington, who came in 1846, was the first regular physician to settle in the county.
The first birth in the township was that of Elizabeth Stevens, in April, 1843.
The first sermon preached in the vicinity was at the house of Eli Ayers, by Rev. Isaac Newland, in 1844.

He appears in the 1840 Pike Co., IL census with
1 male 20-30
2 females under 5
1 female 20-30
1 female 40-50
This would be himself, Sara Roseline, Ruth Amelia, wife Ruth (Stevens) and who?
-------

Important Note: