AYRES-L Archives

Archiver > AYRES > 2008-04 > 1207069578

From: ,
Subject: Re: [AYRES] Thomas Darius Ayres
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:06:18 -0000

Author: RMBSTCS
Surnames: Ayres
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.ayres/1009.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Laurie: I know your frustration with the names and the postings. I have tried to sort it out for years. The name Darius which was common keeps coming up with Thomas and I have never found that proof. I do think tho That the father Thomas Ayres born in Scotland 1687 and died in Harford Co. MD. 1762 is mixed up with his son. The father married Elizabeth Maxwell born abt.1708 in Kent Co. MD. She was daughter of Robert & Ann Park Maxwell. Thier children born in Kent were Thomas born 1724 died 1762 also and married a lady named Mary. Son Abram was born 1722 and daughter Elizabeth born 1726. The father migrated to Harford and died there but the son Thomas and wife Mary stayed in Kent Co. The son Thomas and Mary had 9 children. The 8th child a son was Thomas Ayres 1755 - 1836 who died in Balt. Co. MD. and with wife Elizabeth Almony 1756-1856 are buried in the old Garrett Cem. Balt. Co. The 9th child was named Darius born 1761. My lineage comes down thru Thomas and Elizabeth Almony !
Ayres. If you wish we could compare notes if the info is on MD. Ayres. email , Thanx Ruth

Important Note: