AWTREY-L Archives

Archiver > AWTREY > 2008-06 > 1214407770

From: ,
Subject: Re: Georgia Awtrey Lines
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:29:30 -0000

Author: myravg
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.awtrey/15.16.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Henry S. Awtrey (1830-1914) and Isaac Newton Awtrey (1834-1901) were sons of William "Elbert" AWTREY and Sibey/Libey [---?--]. That family removed to Fayette County, Alabama from Georgia. I belive some of their children removed to Arkansas later.

William Elbert AWTREY was the son of Absalom AWTREY (1775-1842) and Lucy CAMP.

Relationships among the various AWTREYs in early (pre-Revolutionary War time) Georgia, particularly in Greene County area, have not been determined to my knowledge. These included: Jacob, Absalom, John, Alexander and Simon. The parents of Absalom Awtrey (1775-1842) have not been determined yet either as far as I know.

Important Note: