AWTREY-L Archives

Archiver > AWTREY > 2008-06 > 1214371791

From: ,
Subject: Re: Descendant trails - SC. Clan
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 05:29:51 -0000

Author: rowlandblacklangston
Surnames: Awtrey, Autrey, Awtry
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.awtrey/5.19.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Well as you say every three to four years... so here I am responding to you.

You are correct and incorrect also. First off Isaac's wife's name is Arminta Bankston, her father was Jacob Bankston and her mom was Jamima.

Isaac's father was Absalom Autrey born in 1750 married before 1770 and died Mar 1833 St. Clair County AL.Absalom was born in Edgecombe County NC. Absalom was a Tory officer in NC. There were three Absalom Autreys serving in the American Revolution and one was born in 1750 serving in the Army in 1782 and applied for a pension in Henry County, TN in 1832. this Absalom served as a First LT. in the British Army in Col. David Fannings Regiment from 1 Mar 1781 to 30 Sept 1782. He moved to Moore, Buncombe and Rutherford Counties before moving to AL. He is the only Absalom Autrey with NC colonial records. Absalom was a member of Mars Hill Baptist Church in 1797 Oconee County, Fromerly, Clarke County , GA. Absalom married a MARY LUCY Naomi Camp( family tradition says) not Lucy Camp. She was born 1759 and died before 1800.

Cornelius Autry is Absalom's dad. An immigrant bn. in 1735. In 1756 He received a land grant in Edgecombe county NC of 650 acres in the Province of NC from East Granville, Aplantation on both sides of Autrey Creek Land grant #37, 21 May 1757. In Dec 1757 an additional 480 acre tract was surveyed for Cornelius. Land grants followed of 700 acres, 700 acres, 687 acres, 340 acres. I believe totals 3587 acres.

I hope this helps. What can you share with me?

Important Note: