AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN-NOBILITY-L Archives

Archiver > AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN-NOBILITY > 2002-02 > 1012823919

From: Erwin Gerhardt/ALCATEL SEL <>
Subject: Re: [AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN-NOBILITY] HERTELENDY es VINDORNYALAK, VIG, JANOS GALL, MATIOVITZ
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:58:39 +0100 (MET)

Hello Julie,

look at www.arcanum.hu/gesta; select below line "Kereses"(=search) in line
"Valasszon urlapot"(=select source): go "Nagy Ivan". In the page appearing give
in line "csalad"(=family) in "Hertelendy".

I found a Hertelendy of Hertelend and Vindornyalak. This family originally comes
from Zala county, but later also some branches existed in Vas and Komarom
counties. Famlily crest shows two lions holding a golden crown, between them a
sword.

Good luck, Erwin

> From: "Julie Sparrow" <>
> Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 00:33:19 -0600
> Subject: [AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN-NOBILITY] HERTELENDY es VINDORNYALAK, VIG, JANOS
GALL, MATIOVITZ

> I am searching for Hertelendy's aware of family estate in Zala county, Anton
or Anthony Hertelendy married to Verona, children were Mary, Anna, Andrew, John,
and Terizia. Also Gyorg Vig of Keszthely, emmigrated to US in 1908, leaving a
brother behind. Janos Gall from small village of Szentimrefalva 7 miles north
of Sumeg, Janos emmigrated to US but returned and married Margaret, had 4
daughters, which would be my mothers stepsisters. Have a picture of Rose, Aunt
Rose, and John Hertelendy taken in Hungary, probably in the 40's or 50's. Any
info would be helpful. Thank you Julie Sparrow at

> To subscribe to VATICAN-CITY-L, send "subscribe" to
(Mail Mode) or
(Digest Mode) – VATICAN-CITY-L is a mailing
list for anyone with a genealogical, cultural or historical interest in the
City/ State of Vatican located in Rome, Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests,
Nuns, Swiss Guards, etc.
> -----
> To unsubscribe from a list, send unsubscribe to
(mail mode)
or (digest
mode)