AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN-MILITARY-L Archives

Archiver > AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN-MILITARY > 2012-02 > 1330403415

From: "" <>
Subject: [AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN-MILITARY] Uniform Identification
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 04:30:15 -0000

Author: pritchj10
Surnames: Hauszknecht
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/topics.Military.austro-hungarian/206/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I have very little information on this side of my family and it's proving difficult to get from my family members. This is all I have:

His name is Janos Hauszknecht. Possibly went by Johan, I see "han" on the back of the photograph, but the first part is torn off. The last name is also spelled without the Z on other family members. He was almost certainly born in Boldogasszonyfa, Baranya, Hungary. Hungary for sure, city I'm not 100%. I have 1901 as his birth year, but now I don't even know if that's correct anymore.

I'm just looking for anything that can be taken from the look of his uniform.

Thanks ahead for any responses.

Important Note: