AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN-MILITARY-L Archives

Archiver > AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN-MILITARY > 2012-02 > 1328223624

From: ,
Subject: Re: [AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN-MILITARY] Uniform Identification
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 23:00:24 -0000

Author: carlkotlarchik1
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/topics.Military.austro-hungarian/204.1.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I'm sorry, but I can not find any wounded reports for your grandfather. But that just probably means that he was not sent to a hospital.

It is really sad that most of the WWI records for AH soldiers have been destroyed. The questions to this board constantly ask for help in finding those WWI records.

My recommendation is to go back another generation or more and look for your earlier ancestor's military records which have thankfully been preserved.

If you are lucky enough to have a photo of your ancestor in a WWI uniform, you should be very happy. It is part of your family history and you should put it into your book that you will write on the history or your family. :>)
CK

Important Note: