AUS-NSW-NORCO-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-NSW-NORCO > 2000-02 > 0950055853

From: Maureen Doyle <>
Subject: Richmond River Run
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 10:24:13 +1000

Hi everybody, I am new to this list. I am looking for any information
on the North Coast Steamship Navigation Company. My great grandfather
Captain Peter Anderson used to sail boats up the Northern rivers in the
late 1890's up to 1920's. Two of the boats he sailed were the Coombar
and the Canonbar. We have very little information on him. I believe he
receives mention in a book written by Mike Richards on the North Coast
Seamen. If anybody has any information I would be most greatful.
Also I am looking for information on The Pratt and Newstead families who
are also my great grandparents. They lived in the Grafton area for most
of their lives.
Best regards
Maureen

This thread: