AUS-MILITARY-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-MILITARY > 2011-04 > 1301829269

From: nymo <>
Subject: [AUS-MIL] Sixteenth Australian Infantry, of Newcastle
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 21:14:29 +1000

In 1914 a team from the Sixteenth Australian Infantry, of Newcastle won the
Schumacher Cup, also known as the Empire Day Challenge Cup. This was for
rifle shooting in competition against all units of the British Empire.

Hoping someone may have some suggestions on where I could find information
on who may have been part of the winning team from Newcastle.

So far I have tried Newcastle library, and search online newspapers, where I
have found information about the competition over different years, but
nothing on who may have part of the winning team in 1914.

thanks
Lyn

This thread: