ASKINS-L ArchivesArchiver > ASKINS > 2002-10 > 1034957691
From: "Dave McGraw" <>
Subject: Thomas ASKINS and wife Sarah LNU
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:15:25 -0400
I very much need help on Thomas ASKINS, his wife Sarah "Sally". I found them in Augusta County, Virginia, 1810 Census. with their young family.
1. Anne "Ann" b. 1802, Va. md. 6 Feb 1828 to George Dean in Montgomery County, Virginia. Later lived in Pulaski Co., Va.
2. Francis M. Md. 15 Dec 1838, to Jesse Pepper in Montgomery Co. Va. Later lived in Pulaski Co. Va.
3. Sarah J. md. 4 Jul 1836 to Frances Turner in Montgomery Co. Va. Later lived in Pulaski Co. Va.
4. Abigail Askins, bn. 1819, md. John Cofer in Montgomery Co. Va. later lived in Pulaski Co. Va.
5. My GGGrandfather, George Askins, bn. 10 Aug 1810, Augusta County, VA. Md. 5 Nov 1834 to Eliza MUIRHEAD/ MOREHEAD in Montgomery County, Va. Was in Montgomery Co. Va 1840 Census with young family. Not located in 1850 census, was found in 1860 census of Raleigh Co. Va. Coal River Marshes District, Sand Lick P. O.
I need to locate the parents and siblings of Eliza Muirhead / Morehead, maybe in Montgomery Co. Va.? or Pulaski Co. Va.
I think Thomas Askins and Sarah may have married about 1800, maybe in Augusta Co. Va. Would like to have a land deed location in Augusta or Montgomery Co's in VA.
Thomas died in Pulaski Co. Va. between 1850 and 1860. It was reported that Sarah's death of 18 Dec 1861 was in the Pulaski Death Records? I would like to see if her parents were listed?
Any and all help on this family will be deeply appreciated.
P.O. Box 1249, Louisa, KY 41230.
|Thomas ASKINS and wife Sarah LNU by "Dave McGraw" <>|