ARJACKSO-L Archives

Archiver > ARJACKSO > 2008-09 > 1222741588

From: "" <>
Subject: [ARJACKSO] In search of McCoy Cemetery
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 02:26:28 -0000

Author: lechein
Surnames: McCoy
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.arkansas.counties.jackson/1593/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

The following info is found on savinggraves.us.org regarding an abandoned McCoy cemetery. I would like to get some more specific directions (honestly, looking at a map this info listed doesn't make much sense) and I would like to contact the owner for permission prior to my making a drive from Memphis. The person listed as the contact on saving graves has not responded to my query and it has been over a month. Any information that can be provided is appreciated!

Cemetery: McCoy Cemetery
Other:
Sign: No
Street: Hiway 18 NW of Grubbs, Ar. On Skillet Ditch Near the Ragsdale Farm
City: About 2 miles north of Grubbs Ar. about 1/4 mile on the right
Township: Grubbs
County: Jackson County
State: Arkansas
Nation: U S
Zip: 72112
lat_ns: N
lat_h:
lat_mmss:
long_ew: W
long_h:
long_mmss:
Size: Medium
Directions:
Type: Road-public
Location: Rural
Terrain: Level
Watersource: Yes
Features: Timber and vegitation
Property: Private
Access: Inaccessible
Enclosure: Natural
Gate: None
Established: Early 1800
Gravestones: unknown
Oldest: 1862
Newest: unknown
Removed: Unknown
Relocated: No
Repairs: No
Methods: Adhesives
Restoration: Yes
Association: No
Records: Unsure
Inventory: Unsure
Availability:
Landscaping: No
Paths: No
Trees: Yes4
Crypts: No
Fencing: No
Brickwork: No
Ironwork: No
Sculpture: No
Fountains: No
Roads: No
Buildings: No
Cement: Yes
Granite: Yes
Marble: Yes
Native: Yes
Slate: Yes
Others: Yes
Wood: Yes
Materials: Yes
Architectural: Unsure
Angels: Unsure
Draperies: Yes
Fraternal: Unsure
Hands: Unsure
Lambs: Unsure
Monograms: Unsure
Plants: Unsure
Photos: Unsure
Religious: Unsure
Scrollwork: Unsure
Urns: Unsure
Carvings: Unsure
Condition: Cemetery neglected
Unmarked: Unsure
Broken: Yes
Toppled: Yes
Disintegrating: Yes
Buried: Yes
Weather: Yes
Pollution: No
Vandalized: Yes
Report: No
VA1: Gravestones-Overturned
VA2:
VA3:
VA4:
VA5:
Overgrowth:
Overgrowth1:
Overgrowth2: Graves-Disturbing
Overgrowth3:
Overgrowth4:
GroundCover:
Moss:
Vines: Yes
Drainage: Problem-Seasonal
Problem1:
Problem2:
Owner: Private
Use: Agricultural
Bordering: Agricultural
Change: Same
Reason: Agriculture
Visited: Unknown
Archeology: Unknown
Habitat: Yes
Contacted: Jackson County Historical Society

Important Note: