From: Carold Hodges <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] 1940 Census
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:45:11 -0800 (PST)

As everyone probably knows by now, the 1940 Census will be available April 2, 2012.  One of the websites that it will be available for free is the National Archives and Records Administration site.  In the beginning there will not be a name index so you will need a couple of pieces of information.  You will need the Enumeration District (ED) number of the county you're searching, and the address if possible of the person you are researching.  I have made up an excel spreadsheet listing all the counties and their ED numbers.  I would be happy to send it to anyone that might be interested.

Carold Hodges

This thread: